Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Firenze


A little bit different then I had remembered. Very busy...got on a bus that took us outside the city by accident....but we made it back...eventually. Our B&B is on the third floor (which really means 4th)....with no elevator. But still cute. Lots of walking. The Duomo (which is what florence is famous for) was a little overrated (George thinks it could use a good power washing...dad). But the statue of David was well worth the hour wait to see. Magnificent! We had a lovely lunch and have met all kinds of people along our journey (two from Kentucky just now). We spent the rest of the afternoon walking amongst the palace gardens with stunning views of Tuscany and the city. We are off to dinner and we will be on our way to Venice in the morning. Can't wait to share it all with you. Wish you were here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

no elevator...so American. I am so American, I wish I had an escalator in my house.

Unknown said...

And when you say wish you were here, I know you are not talking to me.